Breaking News

Cases In Which You Can Freeze Unemployment And Collect It Later

These are the cases in which you can ‘freeze’ unemployment and collect it later. The SEPE allows the provision to be stopped and resumed later in various situations.

The contributory unemployment benefit, traditionally known as ‘unemployment’, covers us up to a maximum of 24 months after we have terminated our last employment relationship and always (with few exceptions) that it has occurred involuntarily. During this time, there is the possibility for some groups to freeze the benefit if certain conditions are met.

The State Public Employment Service (SEPE) states on its website which are the cases in which the worker can suspend this benefit for a certain time and then collect it again, resume it from the point where it had stopped.

-Within these assumptions is the performance of an employee’s work for less than 12 months and the performance of self- employment (self-employed) for less than 24 months if you do not register in the corresponding regime or less than 60 months if this discharge occurs. Thus, there are situations in which, despite returning to work, the benefit is not lost once interrupted.

– Unemployment will also be frozen if services continue to be performed for the company or are not provided by the explicit will of the company in cases of a judgment of nullity of dismissal in which the employer reinstates the worker or, if he presents an appeal, while it is being processed. This also includes the cases in which it is the worker who makes the appeal.

-Unemployment can also be frozen during maternity and paternity periods , in which child birth and childcare benefits can be requested.

-The freezing of unemployment is also foreseen in the cases of sentences of deprivation of liberty (except for family dependents that do not have income higher than the SMI) and for the light or serious penalties that may be committed in terms of benefits.

-Another of the cases contemplated is going abroad to search for a job , carry out work, professional development or cooperation, for a period of less than one year and provided that it is communicated and approved by the SEPE.

-Finally, the departure abroad is contemplated for up to 90 days a year (continuous or not), as long as it is communicated to the SEPE. When you return, you have to apply for your pension again, as in the rest of the cases.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *